A delicious wholesome treat
These cookies are quick and simple to make, delicious and contain vitamin C-packed cranberries making them a tasty and wholesome treat.
I am lucky to be able to buy dried cranberries from my local whole foods store so they are zero-waste, organic and wonderfully juicy.
Only 9 simple ingredients
This 9-ingredient melt and mix recipe is a cinch to make taking only around 20 minutes to prepare and bake. Perfect for the littlest members of your kitchen crew.
You can easily make these your own by substituting the dried fruit with another variety such as raisins or currants, or by leaving out or substituting the chocolate to reduce the sugar content.
I have substituted the choc chips with cacao nibs and this combination was equally delicious!
- 1 cup self raising flour (gluten free self raising flour works too)
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup rapadura sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup dark choc chips
- 115 grams butter, melted
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius. Grease and line two large baking trays with baking paper, or use silicone baking sheets
- Mix the dry ingredients in a large bowl
- Make a well in the centre and add the butter, egg and vanilla
- Use a tablespoon to measure evenly sized portions and place on baking trays. Do not flatten
- Bake for 10 – 12 minutes, or until golden on the outside and soft in the middle
- Transfer to wire racks to cool
Makes approximately 20 cookies.
Copyright: Franke and Co. 2020